Matching subject matter experts with entrepreneurs and inventors at an optimal time in their business development.
How It Works
We understand that starting a business or developing a product is hard work and often times when your new at it you do not know what to do expect in the process. Our Just-in-Time Mentorship™ method is designed to match subject matter experts with entrepreneurs and inventors to fulfill a specific needed skill set at the crucial time they need it in their business development.
By utilizing business experts as mentors who provide advice from a broader understanding of the whole business, entrepreneurs and inventors can focus on their passion and specialties, while benefiting from the guidance and experience of seasoned business leaders. Our exclusive Just-in-Time Mentorship™ method shows how greater specific knowledge improves the chances for entrepreneurs to succeed and allows mentors who work with us to utilize their skills and time more effectively.
According to MircroMentor.org, people that received mentoring saw their revenue increase by 106%, while people who did not receive mentoring saw their revenue increase by only 14%
According to the US Small Business Administration survey, small businesses that had some type of mentoring survived more than five years 70% of the time.
49% of business that received mentorship before pre-launch were able to launch their business and 82% survived one to two years (13% higher than national average.)
Secret to Success
According to a Sage survey that asked 11,000 small businesses in 17 countries, 93% small and medium businesses said mentorships helped them succeed.
- Industry-specific mentoring for each phase of development to solve the challenges of starting their business.
- Access to resources from partnering businesses including educational opportunities, government and service organizations.
- Opportunities to work in collaborative relationships with like-minded entrepreneurs, mentors, and businesses.
- Assistance in the identification of funding and preparation of materials, if required.
- Mentorship from experienced professionals who have started businesses and have navigated their way to
- Providing a crucial resource for early stage entrepreneurs at a time when the right information is critical to the potential long-term success.
- Actively participating in building and shaping how the entrepreneurial region of NW Washington develops.
- Connecting with other seasoned executives, entrepreneurs, and community leaders in the NW Washington region.
- Seeing your own business grow through events and networking, sharing your own skills and learning from other businesses.
- Insights into the industry trends and future development of the economy of NW Washington through the latest start-up businesses.
“They were great for feedback on marketability and manufacturing aspects of my product. The meeting gave me great information on helping me decide on whether I wanted to manufacture and distribute or pursue licensing of my product.”
“The opportunity to connect the right mentor with the right entrepreneur or inventor. The NWIRC has a great resource bank of mentors with hundreds of years of experience (aggregated) behind them. And these are individuals who truly care about the communities they serve.”
Ready to Get Started?
Click below to learn more about the programs and resources best suited to your needs.
Not sure where you fit in?
Contact us today, and someone from the NWIRC will be in touch shortly to help you make the best use of our resources.