Build It Program
Taking a product to market involves staying connected to multiple parts of the process, sometimes simultaneously. As shown in the “Highway to Revenue” illustration, traveling through marketing, customer focus, finance, operations, and manufacturing can seem overwhelming, but we’ll guide you through each step, clarifying what’s next for you.
The Build It Program is perfect for:
New Inventors/Innovators who:
- Have an idea for a product but don’t know the next steps to take.
- Makers that create things they need and think someone else may want one too.
- Someone with lots of ideas, that needs help figuring out which one is good.
- Started with an idea but have gotten stuck in the process and need help with what to do next.
Businesses with existing products:
- That are already being sold but are interested in licensing them to others.
- Products that market already but want enter new markets.
- Products that are being sold in stores but want to start selling online.
Over the last few months I have been writing articles for this column after talking to experts about issues that are important to “inventors”. However, this series is not just about getting a sneak peekinto the invention process; I really hope it will spark the...
By: Lara Merriam-Smith Name of inventor/product developer: Kellie and Katya Szirom Product: Artisan dog products. Hometown: Bellingham How to buy: Bellingham Whole Foods Market, Hohl Feed & Seed, Whatcom Farmers Co-ops, our website....
Get Started Guide
Figuring out where to start is sometimes the hardest part. Our Resources section has links to articles, downloadable help sheets and other information to help you take those first steps. Dig through the information, start reading and get your research started. You will also find a link below to our Get Started Guide. Once you are ready, contact us and we’ll help you with the next steps!